Monday, January 3, 2011

BapSHOUT takes on Singapore

As I was unable to have the time to blog, or even take a picture of some food or wine to throw onto the Internet over the last few months, I've decided to bore you all by recounting virtually everything I'm doing over the next 2 years! This will be the story of a man on a mission to get a great wine job in Singapore whilst studying for his wine diploma and trying to eat as much food as possible.

To get you up to speed with my situation, I leave a rather cold UK behind me while I start this quest in Singapore. Right now I am acclimatising by going shopping miles from the apartment to test my mettle. My mettle is now a little sweaty.But I do now have Marmite (one of life's necessities I'm afraid).

Beer is expensive here so I will have to cut down; this can only be a good thing. Beer is part of the national diet of the UK. It contributes to the 5-a-day fruit and vegetable govt guidelines I'm told. It is also essential in winter to get a nice big beer belly to keep you warm.

I've tried Grass Jelly Drink as an alternative but it tastes a bit rank.

Will let you know more alternatives soon!

Right, that's the 1st one - phew, I did it - just in time for lunch..yum
See ya soon PopTarts

No comments:

Post a Comment