Friday, January 7, 2011

Windows Vista vs iTunes

Flippin heck...after having a fun morning trawling through Thai websites (for accomodation, not filth I might add) I made the mistake of trying to sort out a problem that appeared just before Crimbo. The problem occured when I foolishly pressed OK to a software update. We've all been there, haven't we? Everything's working hunky dory but oh, there it is, the offer of something for nothing so we take it. Mind you, we know if we don't take it, somewhere down the line we'll be paying for an update because the old version will cease to work anyway! The update looked great when it started to download and I couldn't wait to get it all sorted ready for making some choice playlists for my wedding reception music. Well of course it all went horribly wrong didn't it? In the end I had to get the Fiancee's computer all set up and remember not to press yes to the accursed update on her one. This took hours and made me stressed as only computers can; if you discount humans that is. Hey, cos you need that extra stress just before you get married, leave your job and move to Singapore, don't ya?

So, 3 weeks later I decide that i'm relaxed enough to patiently sort out this pain in the bum problem.

It's taken me 6 hours to sort it out - still not sure how or why it now works but I think it could be something to do with taking down the Firewall momentarily. I have fixed one problem; I now have iTunes again - hooray! However, I have probably released an army of Trogan virus' on my poor laptop. I'm sure it's a conspriracy by Apple to make me want to buy an iPad. Either that or Vista is a load of rubbish. Surely not!

To make myself feel better I made a steaming hot bowl of Tom Yum soup again and drank a cup of tea that I found an ant in...mmmm

Here's a picture of the soup and a view from the window....





No comments:

Post a Comment