Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reasonably Social Media

Things are on the up! The bank now know my mobile number too! I can now wait expectantly by the phone hoping that they might ring...might just check it now to see if I've missed a call.......er, no.

Actually, through the power of Twitter I have a couple of new contacts in Singapore for wine-related activities. @ introduced me to@RexWineCo who told me about Wine Exchange Asia who have occasional blind tastings dubiously called "Brown Bag Nights". There's one next Thursday so i'm going to go along to see what it's all about - should be a good laugh I think.

Apart from that, I've been getting to grips with the online classroom for the WSET Diploma. So far there's been no spitting, swearing or running in the corridor, but it's only a matter of time!

Great lunch at a food court in the city called Lau A Sat. Had amazing roast belly pork and noodles from Shao La stall. Super crispy skin and moist melty flesh - yummy. And only £1.75. On the weekend they have loads of Satay stalls lined up along side and they close the road off. Should be worth a visit one weekend to challenge Caroline to a satay-eating contest. I think the record is 100 in 20 mins. That seems pathetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment